Monday 13 June 2011

Getting this design blog kickstarted!

Well in order to get this blog kickstarted I figured I'd pay tribute to a few of my favourite designs.
I have come across many great designs and websites and can't bring them all to mind right now but I'll put them up in time! So here it goes!

Design Number 1:


Alberto Mantilla's Hug Salt & Pepper Shakers. Call it silly or simple but I fell in love with these a few years ago when saw them in a friend's house. I think they're fantastic!

Design Number 2 -The trolley's in the Ikea Canteen in Dublin (Can't verify if these are indeed used internationally or not). Unfortunately I couldn't find any pictures of them either. Again simple but I think these things are pretty smart! An upright trolley that takes 3 trays one "on top of" the other. These things are fantastic for saving your arms as you queue up for your food and they're nice and compact too.

Design 3-Agent's "Move On" luggage.
If you asked me, I'm not necessrily utterly bowled over by their design, though don't get me wrong, it's still a great product! But having stumbled across their video (at the end of the link to follow), when working on my own final project,  I was totally in awe at how they've depicted their product in this video. It's fantastic! http://www.core77.com/blog/object_culture/agents_modern_move-on_luggage_design_update_16883.asp
A bit of further investigation brought me to their website which I think is utterly brilliant and really sets the bar for the rest of us! They have some really cool projects like OLED Lighting or Ctrus.
 http://destroyafteruse.com/
                                                                                   
 


 



3 comments:

  1. Next up -what inspires this designer eg tkd, being on the river and so forth. Stay tuned! :)

    ReplyDelete